Dan Drezner and I are co-writing an academic paper on blogging and politics – if you’re a journalist, columnist, commentator, producer, or editor for a newspaper, magazine, or television station, we’d appreciate your help. We’d be grateful if you could take two minutes to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the following five questions:
1) How many blogs do you read a day?
2) Please name the three blogs you read most frequently. [What if you read less than three? Then just name the ones you do read.]
3) Why do you read the blogs you read? In other words, what makes those blogs worth checking out on a regular basis?
4) Have you ever read something on a blog that affected your decision-making on what to air/publish? If the answer is yes, can you give an example?
5) How much influence do you think blogs have on political discourse? A lot, a little, or none at all?
All answers will be kept confidential unless you give us explicit permission to do otherwise in your email. Dan has also posted our working definition of what a blog is – comments and suggestions gratefully appreciated.